Pilates exercises are suitable for those who want to improve muscle strength and lose weight while also taking care of their mental health. If you also want to protect your overall health, don’t ignore simple and quick home pilates exercises.
Besides gym or yoga, pilates is also a popular form of physical and mental health training today. With this form of fitness, you will be practicing a series of exercises that require high technical accuracy to strengthen muscles and improve health. If you want to start this subject, you can learn to practice at home before signing up to practice at centers, which will cost more.
When you know the pilates exercises at home, you will not spend money or time going to the gym and still get the benefits of pilates training such as better sleep, stronger muscles, better concentration… You can join Refer to some simple exercises for beginners following the instructions below.
1. Pilates with Plank exercises.
Plank exercises not only help tone your core muscles, but can also help you improve your mental health. If you want to practice Plank properly, you can refer to the following steps.
– You get into a position with your hands on the ground like when doing push-ups so that your wrists are in line with your shoulders and your toes on the ground.
You pull in your abs and squeeze your glutes to feel an energy flow from your heels to the top of your head.
With each breath, you push your body forward slightly.
Hold the pose for 10 seconds.
2. Exercise The Hundred.
The Hundred exercise will help you train your core and arm muscles very well. You can refer to this pilates exercise as follows.
– Lie on your back on the floor with your legs closed.
Raise your legs to a 90-degree angle so that your feet are facing the ceiling.
– Raise your shoulders a little like when you are doing crunches.
– Extend your arms parallel to your sides and start pushing your hands up and down. You raise your arms up and down five times each time you inhale and then five more times each time you exhale.
– To enhance the exercise, you can lower your legs slightly to use more core muscles. Then, you hold the position and continuously open and close your legs for 10 seconds.
You lower your legs slightly, hold the position, and then continuously open and close your legs for 10 seconds.
3. Criss Cross Pilates Exercise.
The Criss Cross exercise is a pilates exercise at home that can help you lose belly fat and tone your thighs. Please practice this lesson according to the instructions below.
– Lie on your back on the floor, straighten your legs and bend your knees so that your thighs are parallel to the floor.
– Both hands support behind your head like when you do sit-ups.
Raise your shoulders slightly and then turn around, bending your left knee to a 45-degree angle so that your right elbow and left knee move together.
– Lower your head back to the original position and repeat the above movements with the other side.
– Continue alternating legs.
4. Scissor exercise.
Scissor exercise will help you have firmer abdominal muscles if done regularly.
Lie on your back on the floor and raise your head, neck, and shoulders slightly.
Straighten your legs and raise your legs straight up so that your toes point toward the ceiling.
– Slowly lower one leg to the floor and then raise this leg back to the original position while lowering the other leg. Take turns lowering your legs alternately.
When you lower one leg, gently grab the other leg with both hands to better support the upper body.
5. Side Leg Series Exercises.
The Side Leg Series exercise is a series of leg exercises for you to lose excess fat in the thighs. You can practice by following these steps.
– Lie on your left side on the floor, bend your left knee and straighten your right leg.
– You raise and lower your right leg continuously. You should use the whole abdominal muscles when performing, not just the leg muscles.
– Repeat 10 times.
Rotate your right foot in an anti-clockwise direction as if you were drawing small circles with your feet.
– You rotate your legs counterclockwise 10 times and then turn your legs counterclockwise 10 times.
– You swing your right leg from front to back about 10 times.
– You swing your right leg forward, touch your foot to the floor and then continue to swing your leg back and touch your foot to the floor.
– Repeat 10 times.
You swing your right leg forward, touch your foot to the floor, and then swing your leg back and touch your foot to the floor.
– Turn to the right and then continue to do the same with the other side.
Notes when practicing pilates
When doing pilates at home and without a coach, you need to be careful not to injure yourself and get the most benefit from these exercises. Some things to keep in mind when exercising are:
Practice correct posture: When doing pilates, you need to control every part of the body such as arms, legs, pelvis … This type of practice places great emphasis on the accuracy of the movements.
Not breathing properly: You need to avoid holding your breath while practicing because breathing properly is also an important part of pilates exercises.
Do not rush: When doing pilates, you will need to practice very slowly to control the right muscle group you want and avoid using the wrong muscle group leading to wrong posture.
Considerations when doing pilates tronPregnancy: Some pilates exercises can affect blood flow to the fetus, so it is not suitable for pregnant women, especially women in the first trimester of pregnancy. If you want to try this type of exercise during pregnancy, consult your doctor and trainer before starting.
Pilates exercises not only help the body more healthy but also have a very good mental improvement effect. Moreover, this is also the right form of exercise if you suffer from chronic aches and pains caused by a sedentary lifestyle. To take care of yourself completely, schedule time to do some simple and quick pilates exercises at home.